question & answer
Welcome! On this website you will find information about:
- Robert’s Rules of Order and its up-to-date current edition, Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised (RONR) [click here for a summary list of Notable Changes in the 11th Edition];
- the short book that provides a simple introduction to parliamentary procedure, Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief (RONRIB);
- the authors who have created the leading manual of parliamentary procedure; and
- how you can useRobert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised to help your organization run more smoothly.
The CD-ROM version of the Eleventh Edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised is now available. The CD is designed for installation on Windows PCs.
- Full searchable texts of RONR (11th ed.) and RONRIB (2nd ed.), including all notes, charts, tables, lists, and indexes
- Hyperlinked section and page cross-references — within each book and from one book to the other
- Browse by chapter and section or subsection headings, or go directly to any page number
- Search an entire book, or restrict to selected portions
- Perform simple keyword or phrase searches, or use advanced search features: Boolean, wildcard, word forms/stems, proximity
- Create your own bookmarks, highlighters, and notes
Additional bonus materials on the CD include:
- Sample Rules for Electronic Meetings drafted by the authors of RONR to address various scenarios. Contains four complete sets of rules.
- Understanding Secondary Amendments, a chapter written in the simplified style of RONRIB and designed as an intermediate step between the explanation of primary amendments in Chapter 5 of RONRIB and the full treatment of amendments in 12 of RONR
- Ballot Voting rule summaries, checklists, tally sheets, and Tellers’ Report forms, including an interactive PDF form for elections that automatically calculates the number of votes cast and the majority
- Timekeepers’ Guide with instructions, tables, and forms
- Forms for motions, roll-call votes, regular and special meeting notices, and convention credentials and registration
The Robert’s Rules of Order CD-ROM may be purchased from American Legal Publishing.
If you have a question about what Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised prescribes for a particular situation, first check our Frequently Asked Questions — you may get a quick, accurate answer. Also see Official Interpretations clarifying questions of parliamentary law by the authors of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.
If that doesn’t settle the matter, you can participate in our Question and Answer Forum.
We also have links that allow you to purchase copies of the books for yourself or your organization. (Click here to scroll to the “Add to Amazon.com Shopping Cart” buttons below.) New to meeting rules? Get the best introduction:
The rules you need in a meeting
MADE SIMPLE AND EASY!
Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief
GOING TO A MEETING? WANT TO KNOW HOW TO TAKE PART? LEARN QUICKLY AND EASILY! THIS SHORT, SIMPLE BOOK INCLUDES:
- Sample dialogues to get you confidently through motions, nominations, elections, votes, debate, amendments, and more
- Invaluable tips for keeping meetings orderly and on track
- A chapter answering the most frequently asked questions
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO AT A MEETING?
- Handy tables at the back of the book tell you just what to say
APPOINTED TO A COMMITTEE? CHOSEN AS A CONVENTION DELEGATE? ELECTED AS AN OFFICER OR BOARD MEMBER?
- Chapters on each clearly explain your duties
To order now, click the Add In Brief to Amazon.com Shopping Cart button further below.
The Eleventh Edition of
Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised
The book on parliamentary procedure for parliamentarians and novice club presidents alike, Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised is this country’s recognized guide to smooth, orderly, and fairly conducted meetings. It is the only book to have been maintained since 1876 under the continuing program established by General Henry M. Robert himself in cooperation with the official publishers of Robert’s Rules.
Available in hardcover, paperback, and deluxe editions, as well as in electronic form on CD-ROM.