Social Worker: Summary of Career Training for Social Workers #clinical #social #worker


Social Worker: Summary of Career Training for Social Workers

$42,170 annually for mental health and substance abuse social workers;
$42,350 annually for child, family, and school social workers;
$52,380 annually for healthcare social workers

Source: *U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)

Job Summary

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), social workers primarily work for government agencies as well as social assistance and healthcare agencies. They might also work in schools, churches or community organizations. They can specialize in such areas as family and school, medical or public health and mental health or substance abuse, as per BLS. Their role may require them to plan or develop policies, help families through social conflict or find day care. Social workers can obtain membership with the National Association of Social Workers or the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB).

Career Training

A bachelor’s degree is the minimum degree required for entry-level employment in social work. Advanced education and experience are necessary for licensure at more advanced levels in the field. Students in a Bachelor of Social Work program need to complete a specific number of hours in a social-work practicum. Common course requirements include the study of human behavior and research methods. With a bachelor’s degree, an individual can qualify to be employed as a social worker or enter into a Master of Social Work (MSW) program.

A Master of Social Work program focuses on clinical skills and developing relationships with clients. These programs take two years to complete. Common course requirements include two semesters of generalist practice, field seminars and study of social welfare policies. During the second year, it’s not uncommon for graduate students to begin clinical practice with individuals and groups.

Licensure Information

According to the ASWB, jurisdictions may regulate licensure through four levels of social work, including bachelor’s, master’s, advanced generalist and clinical. The last two levels require an MSW and two years of experience, either supervised or direct clinical. The BLS notes that every state or jurisdiction may have its own requirements regarding licensure or certification. Applicants are encouraged to graduate from a social work program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, although it’s not required.

Salary and Employment Outlook

The BLS reports that social workers could see employment opportunities increase by 12%, overall, during the 2014-2024 decade. Social workers’ salaries also vary according to their area of specialization. As of 2015, the BLS reported that healthcare social workers earned a median annual wage of $52,380, while child, family and school social workers earned slightly less at $42,350. The median annual salary for mental health and substance abuse social workers was $42,170, according to the BLS.

Individuals interested in becoming a social worker should obtain a bachelor’s degree to enter the field and a master’s degree to perform clinical work. Social workers must also have the proper licensing and certification. Job growth in this field from 2014 to 2024 is projected at 12%, which is faster than average.

Next: View Schools

Research Underwriters – A Leader in the Commercial Insurance Industry #auto #insurance,


Research Underwriters has served as a national leader in the transportation insurance industry for nearly 60 years. Our specialization and commitment to this industry ensures that our clients receive the coverages they need, at the most affordable rates available.

We offer a wide variety of coverages for your taxi company, with broad acceptability of vehicles and drivers. Ensure you have the right protections in place in the event of an accident, damage to your vehicle, or injury to a passenger.

We provide insurance for all trucking operations, including dry freight commodities, refrigerated commodities, flat-bed operations, and general trucking. We represent carriers that can provide coverage for local, intermediate, and long-distance radius operations. Whether you have a single truck or a large fleet, we have insurance solutions for your business.

Our bus program has specialized offerings with trusted insurance carriers. We work with Charter Bus, Tour Bus, Sightseeing, Transit, and School Bus operations. We have long-standing relationships with leading bus insurance carriers, allowing you to receive the best value for your dollar.

We partner with the top insurance carriers that cater specifically to this highly specialized transportation area. Coverage is available for ambulette services, non-emergency medical transport, and for-hire handicapped transportation.

We have access to the top specialty markets available for the limousine and livery businesses, allowing us to offer you competitive pricing on all of your insurance needs. Whether you operate classic stretch limousines, luxury SUVs, or limo buses, we have a program to suit your unique business.

Protecting Your Business

Research Underwriters has a staff of experienced professionals that can design programs uniquely suited for your business. We provide comprehensive solutions that cover all exposures, allowing you to focus on your business.

Every business needs the protections provided by liability insurance coverage. Safeguard your assets in the event that your services, products, or operations result in bodily injury or property damage to a third party.

Our Workers Compensation programs protect your business against claims resulting from injuries to employees. Traditional insurance, coupled with effective safety programs, can reduce workplace injuries and ensure a healthy, productive workforce.

General Liability policies exclude claims that do not result in bodily injury or property damage, meaning that if your business causes a financial loss to a third party, you will not be covered. Professional Liability policies fill this gap, providing financial assistance to cover judgments, settlements, and defense costs.

Captive Insurance Programs allows businesses to gain ownership and control all aspects of their insurance programs, including costs and profits. We facilitate the creation and management of single-parent, group, and rental captive options for our clients.

Burial – Cremation Laws in Washington #puget #sound #workers #compensation #trust


Burial Cremation Laws in Washington

Each state has laws affecting what happens to a body after death. For example, most states have unique rules about embalming, burial or cremation, scattering ashes, and how to get a death certificate. Here are some answers to common questions about post-death matters in Washington.

How do I get a death certificate?

You may need to obtain copies of a death certificate for a number of reasons. If you are in charge of wrapping up the deceased person s affairs, you may require multiple, official copies to carry out your job. You will need to submit a certified copy of the death certificate each time you claim property or benefits that belonged to the deceased person, including life insurance proceeds, Social Security benefits, payable-on-death accounts, veterans benefits, and many others.

In Washington, a death certificate must be filed with the local registrar within three business days after the death and before the body is buried or cremated. (See RCW 70.58.160 .) The easiest way to get copies of a death certificate is to ask the person or organization that files the certificate to order them for you at the time of the death; usually this will be a funeral home, mortuary, or crematory. If you are the executor of the estate, you should ask for at least ten certified copies.

If you need to order copies of a death certificate after the time of death has passed, visit the website of the Washington State Department of Health. From the DOH website, you can download a mail-in order form or find information about ordering death certificates in-person, online, or by phone. Each copy of a Washington death certificate costs $20.

Who can order a death certificate?

Washington death certificates, unlike those in most other states, are considered public records. Anyone can order a certified copy of a death certificate.

Is embalming required?

Embalming is a process in which blood is drained from the body and replaced with fluids that delay disintegration. Though it is still a common procedure, embalming is rarely necessary; refrigeration serves the same purpose.

In Washington, a body must be embalmed or refrigerated until the time of burial or cremation. Before embalming a body, the embalmer must obtain permission from a family member or the legal representative of the deceased person. (RCW 18.39.215 .)

Is a casket necessary for burial or cremation?

A casket is often the single greatest expense incurred after a death. A casket can range from a simple $500 box to one that costs $20,000 or more for an elaborate design.

Burial. No law requires a casket for burial. However, you should check with the cemetery; it may have rules requiring a certain type of container.

Cremation. No law requires a casket for cremation. On the contrary, federal law requires a funeral home or crematory to inform you that you may use an alternative container, and to make such containers available to you. An alternative container may be made of unfinished wood, pressed wood, fiberboard, or cardboard.

Do I have to buy a casket from the funeral home?

No. Federal law requires funeral homes to accept caskets that consumers have purchased from another source, such as an online retailer. You may also build your own casket.

Where can bodies be buried in Washington?

In Washington, bodies must be buried in established cemeteries. All cemeteries must be run by corporations. You can find the rules governing cemeteries in Chapter 68.20 of the Revised Code of Washington .

Where can we store or scatter ashes after cremation?

In Washington, there are no state laws controlling where you may keep or scatter ashes. Ashes may be stored in a crypt, niche, grave, or container at home. If you wish to scatter ashes, you have many options. Cremation renders ashes harmless, so there is no public health risk involved in scattering ashes. Use common sense and refrain from scattering ashes in places where they would be obvious to others.

Washington provides guidance for cremation, including the scattering of ashes, on the Funerals and Cemeteries page of the Washington State Department of Licensing.

Scattering ashes in an established scattering garden. Many cemeteries provide gardens for scattering ashes. If you re interested, ask the cemetery for more information.

Scattering ashes on private land. You may scatter ashes on your own private property. If you want to scatter ashes on someone else s private land, it is wise to obtain permission from the landowner.

Scattering ashes on public land. You may wish to check both city and county regulations and zoning rules before scattering ashes on local public land, such as in a city park. The Washington State Department of Licensing states that ashes may be scattered on state trust uplands if you receiver permission from the regional manager for each scattering. When it comes to scattering on public state or local land, many people simply proceed as they wish, letting their best judgment be their guide.

Scattering ashes on federal land. Officially, you should request permission before scattering ashes on federal land. As with local or state land, however, you will probably encounter no resistance if you conduct the scattering ceremony quietly and keep the ashes well away from trails, roads, facilities, and waterways. You can find guidelines for scattering ashes on the websites for some national parks. For more information, begin your search at the website of the National Park Service .

Scattering ashes at sea. The federal Clean Water Act requires that cremated remains be scattered at least three nautical miles from land. The EPA does not permit scattering at beaches or in wading pools by the sea. Finally, you must notify the EPA within 30 days of scattering ashes at sea.

For more information, including the EPA contact person for Washington state, see Burial of Human Remains at Sea on the EPA website.

Scattering ashes on state-controlled waterways. The Washington State Department of Licensing states that ashes may be scattered over public navigable waters under state control, including Puget Sound. rivers, streams, and lakes.

Scattering ashes by air. While there are no state laws on this issue, federal aviation laws prohibit dropping objects that might injure people or damage property. The U.S. government does not consider cremains to be hazardous material; all should be well so long as you remove the ashes from their container before scattering.

Learn more

To learn about the federal Funeral Rule, which protects consumers in all states, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission .

For more information about funeral laws in Washington, see Making Funeral Arrangements in Washington .

To find out more about funerals and other final arrangements, see the Getting Your Affairs in Order section of

Talk to an Estate Planning attorney.

South Carolina Insurance Agency #columbia #sc #insurance #agency, #richland #county #sc #insurance


We are a Columbia, South Carolina insurance agency offering affordable personal insurance policy

premiums and comprehensive business insurance plans in the following towns, cities and counties

in South Carolina: Chapin, Arthurtown, Saluda Terrace, Sandwood, Arcadia Lakes, Cayce, Olympia,

Forest Acres, Dentsville, Eau Claire, West Columbia, Springdale, Denny Terrace, Belmont, St.

Andrews, Irmo, Oak Grove, Lexington, Galaxy, Bluff Estates, Hazelwood Acres, State Park, Haskell

Heights, Lincolnshire, Ballentine, Killian, Red Bank, South Congaree, Edmund, Gilbert, Summit,

Gaston, Hopkins, Capitol View, Horrel Hill, Fort Jackson, Pontiac, Elgin, Blythewood, Camden,

Richtex, Whitehall, White Rock, Sumter, Lugoff, Boykin, Rembert, Hagood, Horatio, Stateburg,

Borden, Wedgefield, Oswego, Gadsden, Fort Motte, St. Matthews, Swansea, Woodford,

Winnsboro, Pelion, Steedman, Samaria, Monetta, Batesburg-Leesville, Stoney Hill, Prosperity,

Newberry, Peak, Little Mountain, Slighs, Pomaria, Jenkinsville, Rion, Winnsboro Mills, Simpson,

Smallwood, Ridgeway, Orangeburg, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Lexington County, Fairfield County,

Calhoun County, Sumter County, Kershaw County, Saluda County, and Richland County, SC. We

can also offer our insurance coverage services throughout the Palmetto state, including in Florence,

Greenville, Spartanburg, and the South Carolina Atlantic Ocean coast.

We are your Columbia, SC area source for family insurance services that can save you money with

quality insurance coverage from leading insurance companies serving South Carolina. Fill out a

secure online quote request form and in a timely manner receive a confidential and thorough family or

individual insurance quote, or contact us by phone toll free at (800) 849-7475 to speak with an

independent South Carolina insurance professional.

Russell-Massey Company also offers coverage for your South Carolina small business insurance

needs. Whether it’s General Liability, Commercial Property, Commercial Auto, Workers Comp, or

Business Owners insurance coverage, we can design a competitive, affordable insurance package

that is tailored to your needs. As an independent full-service insurance agency, we can also assist

your large or small business with Special Event, Condominium Association, Apartment Building,

Group Life, and South Carolina Group Health Insurance. Learn more about these and other

comprehensive insurance plans for your South Carolina business by clicking on a link to the right.

Whether you’re a contractor, doctor, realtor, condo association, large employer, small business

owner, or a new start-up company looking for affordable insurance plan coverage, we can fulfill your

South Carolina commercial insurance needs. Fill out a secure online quote request form and in a

timely manner receive a confidential and thorough business insurance quote, or contact us by phone

at either our Chapin or Columbia, South Carolina location to speak with one of our independent

business insurance professionals.

We are appointed with some of the top insurance companies in the industry, allowing us to find the

coverage you are looking for at a competitive price. Companies like State Auto Insurance company,

Auto Owners Insurance Company, Travelers Insurance Company, Frankenmuth Insurance

Company, The Hartford, Central Insurance Company, Selective Insurance Company, Main Street

America Group, Progressive Insurance, Berkshire Hathaway, Universal North America, Universal

Property Casualty, Victoria Insurance Company, Safeco Insurance, and Foremost Insurance

Company, allow us to shop your insurance needs and find the insurance company for you.

We also have relationships with Johnson Johnson, Burns Wilcox, TAPCO, Jackson Sumner,

and RPS allowing us access to surplus lines companies such as Lloyd’s of London, Scottsdale

Insurance Company, National Casualty Insurance Company, United States Liability Insurance

Company, Nautilus Insurance Company, Markel Insurance Company, and First Financial Insurance

Company. These partners allow us to place the hard to insure risks. Therefore, Russell-Massey

Company is your one location for virtually all of your insurance needs.

Are you moving to the Columbia, SC area? We are ready to help you prepare for your new home in

South Carolina with experienced insurance advice and insurance quotes for more affordable, quality

insurance policy coverages. We are your South Carolina insurance connection!

Small Business Services, HR, Outsourcing, Payroll & Staffing Services #small #business #services,


BBSI offers a range of solutions to help you better navigate pitfalls and build a stronger foundation for your business. These aren’t just patchwork fixes. They’re part of our holistic approach to solving your pressing business concerns, and aligning you for success.
To learn more, contact a BBSI representative near you .

A knowledgeable partner in human capital management.

Team up with us and get more time to focus on your business’ core competencies. Here’s how we help:

  • We’ll analyze your current personnel policies and procedures, and identify any gaps in compliance.
  • We’ll identify more efficient ways to handle important details, including payroll, taxes, employee benefits, health insurance, workers’ compensation coverage, workplace safety programs, compliance with federal and state employment laws, labor and workplace regulatory requirements and related administrative responsibilities.
  • Preferred Payroll – A no-hassle way to pay employees.

    Did you know: the average small business owner spends up to 25% of his/her time handling employee-related administrative paperwork. Now you can get that time back to innovate, serve customers, and just re-focus on the parts of business you love. Our complete payroll service handles deductions, tax payments, wage garnishments, tax levies, liens and W-2s.

    Email us for more information about our Preferred Payroll services.

    Staffing – The right people make all the difference to your business.

    We can help you identify who the right people are for your business. Can they help you move forward? Are they a positive influence on your organization? We’ll help you answer these questions through our innovative and diversified recruiting process, including

    • On-demand or Short Term Staffing /
    • On-Site Management /
    • Contract Staffing /
    • Master-Vendor Programs
  • All content copyright 2011 BBSI. All rights reserved. 8100 NE Parkway Drive, Suite 200, Vancouver, WA 98662 800-494-5669 | 360-828-0701 Fax
    Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

    Workers Compensation #workers #compensation #employee #rights


    • Workers’ Compensation for State Employees
    • When an Accident Occurs
    • To File a Claim:
    • Pharmacy

    The Division of Claims Administration administers the workers’ compensation program for state employees only. If you are looking for workers’ compensation information for employees who work for anyone other than state government, contact the Tennessee Bureau of Workers’ Compensation at:

    The Division of Claims Administration contracts with a third party administrator for the processing of state employees’ workers’ compensation claims with a managed care organization for provider network and managed care services, and with a pharmacy benefits manager for a pharmacy network and processing of pharmacy bills. The Division’s staff monitors the work done by these companies and acts as a liaison between state employees, the third party administrator and medical providers.

    Reporting fraud involving state employee s workers compensation claims:
    If you feel a state employee has fraudulently filed a workers compensation claim you may report the fraud by calling the Comptroller of the Treasury s hotline at 1-800-232-5454 or online at You should click on the Report Fraud, Waste Abuse box in the lower right hand corner, then on the next screen click on For Citizens and finally click on the Fraud Hotline Online Report Form box.

    These procedures are to emphasize the importance of all employees notifying his/her supervisor immediately of any incident, injury or illness that occurs while on duty. It is also imperative that any employee who experiences an incident, injury or illness while on duty follow up with his/her supervisor to make sure all documentation of the injury or illness is filled out correctly and submitted to the Human Resources office for reporting purposes. Even if you did not receive medical treatment, reporting the incident protects you if any physical ailments or illnesses become issues in the future. For the purposes of workers’ compensation, an incident is any event that is or should be reported to the supervisor/manager, any event that the manager witnesses or any event in which there is a possible need for medical treatment.

    The following guidelines as set forth in this notice will help minimize the potential denial of a workers’ compensation claim. Not following these procedures will increase chances of sustained injuries not being recognized as qualifying for workers’ compensation. Therefore, the claim potentially may be denied.


    What should I do if I m involved in an incident on the job?

    1. Notify your supervisor immediately.

    • Tell your supervisor exactly what happened, how it happened, witnesses to the incident, and whether you were injured as a result of the incident. If you witness a work-related incident where a fellow employee is injured and cannot notify his or her supervisor, you should notify the supervisor for him or her. This may be as simple as calling the supervisor to report that an incident occurred resulting in injury or sending an email reporting the incident to the supervisor.

    You should call 911 for all emergencies that result in serious bodily injury and/or seek treatment at the nearest emergency room.

    2. You and your supervisor shall call the Workplace Injury First Notice of Loss Call Center at 1-866-245-8588, option #1, immediately after the occurrence of an incident.

    • By calling the Workplace Injury First Notice of Loss Call Center you (the injured employee) will speak with a 24/7 registered nurse to evaluate the nature of your injury and determine immediate care or treatment options. Your supervisor will only verify that you are reporting a work-related injury to the registered nurse.
    • If no medical treatment is recommended, the registered nurse will document the call for you and your supervisor and enter an incident report into the CareMC reporting system. No other action will be needed from you or your supervisor.
    • If the registered nurse recommends for you to seek immediate medical treatment, the nurse will direct you to the nearest State-approved medical provider. Your supervisor will be responsible for completing the reporting process of the claim with CorVel.
    • The 24/7 registered nurse will provide to you verbally the approved panel of physicians. The approved panel of physicians may also be posted in your break room and/or the Human Resources Office. You must choose a provider who is authorized in the State workers’ compensation network. This will be the only physician authorized to treat you for your compensable injury. The State will not pay any medical expenses you incur from a physician other than your treating physician or a network physician you are referred to by your treating physician.
    • Follow up doctor and/or specialist appointments must be arranged by CorVel and NOT by the injured employee or the employee s supervisor. Note: This does not apply in situations requiring immediate emergency room treatment for serious or life-threatening injuries.
    • If you are seen in an emergency room or a minor medical clinic and you were told to see a specialist or your regular/normal physician for follow-up care, you must call the Human Resources Department prior to any follow up treatment and Human Resources will call your CorVel examiner for a panel of three. The panel will be given to Human Resources and you will need to go to Human Resources to sign the panel form. All doctors must be on the State s approved physicians list prior to follow-up treatment.

    3. To complete the reporting process your supervisor can ask the registered nurse to transfer the call to the First Notice of Loss Unit after he/she has entered their notes, or directly call 1-866-245-8588 and select option #2. The First Notice of Loss Unit will ask your supervisor additional questions. If your supervisor is unable to answer the questions, he or she must notify the Human Resources Department of the incident prior to the end of his/her shift.

    • Human resources personnel may also call 1-866-245-8588 and select option #2. or they may complete the First Notice of Loss online via CareMC. If the employee and supervisor did not call the 24/7 registered nurse, and the incident was a non-medical incident reported to the Human Resources Department, human resources personnel may enter the incident directly into CareMC.

    When seeking medical treatment, you should notify the doctor’s office that you were injured while at work and that you will be filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits with the state.

    If you are given a prescription, DO NOT fill the prescription with the State personal health insurance provider. Tell the pharmacist the prescription is for a workers comp injury or illness and provide them with the Cypress First Fill Pharmacy Form.

    DRUG SCREENS (IF APPLICABLE TO YOUR DEPARTMENT): If the employee is in an accident where a drug test is required, DO NOT request any drug tests from the workers comp medical provider. All drug tests must be performed by National Toxicology Specialists (NTS). Only drug tests from NTS are acceptable.

    NOTE: It is your responsibility to keep your supervisor and/or human resources department notified on a daily basis regarding your work status while out of work on workers comp. Explain what medical care is being prescribed and your current condition. The employee should give copies of all the paperwork issued by the treating physician to the supervisor and/or human resources department stating when he/she can return to work, if follow-up visits are requested, or the need for physical therapy. This written documentation must be forwarded to Human Resources. Due to HIPPAA compliance, ONLY the Human Resources Department will store the medical records related to an employee s injury on the job .


    The State of Tennessee and the State s TPA reserves the right to review certain claims for compensability and may assign a case manager to assist an employee. Certain outpatient procedures must be pre-certified by state processes before occurring. Providers of these services know they should contact the adjuster before diagnostic testing, physical therapy, injections, surgeries, referrals, etc.



    SMRT, director among those charged over fatal train accident #smrt #trains,penal #code,trainee,train,charge,public

    SMRT, director among those charged over fatal train accident

    SMRT, director among those charged over fatal train accident

    SINGAPORE: Transport operator SMRT Trains Ltd, one of its directors as well as a former employee were on Thursday (Dec 1) charged over the Mar 22 accident that saw two trainees hit and killed by an oncoming train.

    SMRT was charged under Section 12 of the Workplace Safety and Health Act, which states that it is the duty of every employer to take measures necessary to ensure the safety and health of employees at work so far as is reasonably practicable.

    It had failed to ensure its employees complied with approved operating procedures when heading down to the tracks, and failed to ensure that the procedures practised by staff that day to access the tracks passed safety audits, were documented and disseminated, the charge sheet stated.

    SMRT Chief Technology Officer Ng Bor Kiat was in court on Thursday to receive the charge on behalf of the company.

    One of its directors, Teo Wee Kiat, was also charged under Section 48 (1) of the same Act, which states that should an offence be committed by a corporate body, an officer of this body shall be guilty of the offence and be liable to be punished.

    According to the law, anybody found guilty under this Act and has no penalty expressly provided shall be liable to a fine not more than S$200,000 or jail of up to two years, or both. If it is the case of a corporate body, the fine is up to S$500,000.

    In addition, prosecutors also charged Lim Say Heng, the technician who is understood to be standing ahead of the two trainees when the incident took place, with causing death by a negligent act under the Penal Code.

    Lim was the person in charge of the work party accessing the train tracks that day, and he failed to ensure that the necessary safety measures were in place to make sure trains do not enter the train track while they were there, according to the charge sheet.

    Channel NewsAsia understands that Lim was sacked by SMRT in September over the incident.

    He faces a jail term of up to two years, a fine, or both, if found guilty.

    Investigations are still ongoing to determine if any other individuals may be liable for workplace safety lapses in connection with the incident, the Attorney-General’s Chambers said in a press release.

    A bail of S$15,000 has been offered to Lim, and pre-trial conference has been set on Dec 30 for all three charges.

    On Mar 22, SMRT trainees Nasrulhudin Najumudin, 26, and Muhammad Asyraf Ahmad Buhari, 24, were killed after they were hit by an oncoming train near Pasir Ris MRT station. The two men were part of a team investigating a possible fault involving a signalling device on the tracks.

    The public transport operator admitted after the accident that maintenance staff had not followed safety procedures.

    The two SMRT staff had been sacked in September, with one of them said to be the driver of the train that hit the two trainees.

    The National Transport Workers’ Union (NTWU) subsequently submitted an appeal to SMRT management against their dismissal, after it had reviewed their cases.

    In a statement following the charges on Thursday, NTWU Executive Secretary Melvin Yong said the union will “continue to work closely with our member, to provide him and his family support, and to ensure he is fairly represented”.

    “Whilst we cannot comment on any ongoing legal proceedings, the union maintains that it is important to allow due process to take its course and all facts to be revealed before drawing any conclusions,” Mr Yong added.

    Share this content

    • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter

  • Bankruptcy lawyers in charlotte nc #clawson #and #staubes #practices #in #a #wide


    All of our attorneys at Clawson and Staubes bring talent and experience to the team. We all share a common goal: to provide unsurpassed service to our clients. Our attorneys are experienced in a wide range of practice areas, including litigation, insurance defense, construction, real estate, probate and estate, premises liability, personal injury, product liability, municipal law, workers compensation, commercial law, bankruptcy, corporate law, immigration, family and criminal defense. In each area of practice, we work hard to achieve positive results for our clients.

    Albert A. Lacour, III

    Amy M. Snyder

    Andrew M. Sullivan

    Andy Santaniello

    Austin Hood

    Barrett R. Brewer

    Bob Clawson

    Bobby D. Sessoms, Jr.

    Chris Nickels

    Christy Fargnoli

    David Cleveland

    Douglas B. Thie

    E. Dale Lang, Jr.

    Elizabeth G. Wilkerson

    Jenny L. Barwick

    Jescelyn T. Spitz

    Jim Atkins

    John L. Jay McDonald

    Johnny Stewart

    Katherine W. Simons

    Lauren N. Vriesinga

    Leslie B. Boodry

    M. Michelle Jones

    Matt Story

    Michael L. Leech

    Patrick Trey Still, III

    Patrick Morrissey

    Peggy Urbanic

    Penn W. Ely

    Robert M. Rubin

    Ronnie Craig

    Ryan L. Bostic

    Sam Clawson

    Sam Clawson, Jr.

    Tim Domin

    Trevor Cangelosi

    Trey M. Nicolette

    NC Industrial Commission Information for Employers #workers #compensation, #worker #comp, #industrial #commission,


    For Employers

    Important Notice to Employers

    Employers’ Requirement to Carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance

    The North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Act requires that all businesses that employ three or more employees, including those operating as corporations, sole proprietorships, limited liability companies and partnerships, obtain workers’ compensation insurance or qualify as self-insured employers for purposes of paying workers’ compensation benefits to their employees. Exceptions to this requirement include (a) employees of certain railroads; (b) casual employees, i.e. persons whose employment is both casual and not in the course of the trade, business, profession or occupation of the employer; (c) domestic servants directly employed by the household; (d) farm laborers when fewer than 10 full-time, non-seasonal farm laborers are regularly employed by the same employer; (e) federal government employees in North Carolina; and (f) sellers of agricultural products for the producers thereof on commission or for other compensation, paid by the producers, provided the product is prepared for sale by the producer.

    Businesses in which one or more employees are employed in activities which involve the use or presence of radiation are required to have workers’ compensation coverage.

    Individuals who are sole proprietors, members of LLCs, and partners are not automatically counted as employees. Corporate officers may elect to be excluded from coverage but are still counted in determining whether a business has three or more employees. Executive officers, directors, or committee members of a non-profit corporation are also not automatically counted as employees so long as they meet certain requirements under the North Carolina General Statutes.

    An employer is not relieved of its liability under the Act by calling its employees independent contractors. Even if the employer refers to its workers as independent contractors and issues a Form 1099 for tax purposes, the Industrial Commission may still find that the workers were in fact employees based upon its analysis of several factors, including but not limited to the degree of control exercised by the employer over the details of the work.

    If you subcontract work to a subcontractor who does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you may be liable for the work-related injuries of the subcontractor’s employees, regardless of the number of employees you or the subcontractor employs. For information on workers’ compensation requirements in the trucking industry, please click here .

    If You Fail to Carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance, You May:

    1) Face stiff financial penalties;
    2) Be charged with a misdemeanor;
    3) Be charged with a felony; and
    4) Be imprisoned.

    Contact Your Lawyer or Insurance Agent If You Are Unsure of Your Responsibilities as an Employer

    Employer Links

    Michigan Workers Compensation Lawyers – Free legal advice #attorney #workers #comp


    Michigan Workers Compensation Lawyers

    Workmans comp fighting for the rights of injured employees for more than 35 years

    Being injured on the job can turn your life upside down, especially when your workers comp benefits are denied or your adjuster is playing games — yet you cannot return to work due to your serious injuries.

    Our lawyers can help. We re here to make sure you receive all the workers compensation benefits that you re entitled to, and to protect you when your insurance company or your employer treats you unfairly.

    Call us at (855) 221-2667, or fill out our free contact form. Our attorneys only practice workers compensation law in Michigan. We offer free advice, and you don t pay a dime unless you win.

    Michigan workers compensation law: What you must know to protect yourself

    We believe that every injured or disabled worker deserves to know their legal rights, so they can be on equal footing with the insurance companies and employers. If you ve been injured on the job and are concerned about your future and how you can recover your benefits, you need to know about:

    • Your employer s legal responsibilities under the Michigan workers comp law.
    • The work comp benefits you re entitled to, such as lost wages, medical care and vocational rehabilitation.
    • Important time limits to file a claim in Michigan.

    Why you may need a workers compensation lawyer now

    People often have concerns about hiring a workers comp attorney. They wonder how much it costs, what the process is like and how much Michigan workers compensation actually pays. Here, you can learn about:

    • What a workers comp lawyer can do for you and when to seek help.
    • What to expect throughout your lawsuit.
    • The cost and value of your case.

    What to do if your comp claim has been denied

    Many on-the-job accident victims are unaware that most insurance companies and employers do not have your best interests in mind. Get the facts now on:

    • What you can do if your work comp benefits are disputed or denied.
    • The most common workplace injuries.
    • Why certain injuries are disputed during the workers comp process.

    Get help from a workmans comp lawyer today

    You re not alone. Call (855) 221-2667, toll-free, to speak with one of our attorneys today.

    The call and the advice are absolutely free.

    Our workers compensation lawyers have been called the best in Michigan, and we pride ourselves on providing you with care, trust and responsiveness. We will take all of the time you need; we will explain your legal rights; and you will always be treated with respect.