IBM SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center V5.2.5. as part of the continuous delivery of software functions since V5.2, provides more efficient virtualization management and data protection for heterogeneous storage environments.
It helps IT storage managers migrate to an agile cloud-based storage environment and manage it more effectively without having to replace existing storage systems.
This offering helps remove the physicality of storage, as well as the complexity associated with managing multivendor infrastructures. It ultimately helps businesses to optimize provisioning, capacity, availability, data protection, reporting, and management for virtualized storage.
SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center V5.2.5 provides a storage virtualization platform and capabilities for storage virtualization management. Version 5.2.5 delivers to organizations, under one licensed software product, the complete set of advanced functions available in the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Storage Analytics Engine, all of the functions available for virtualization, remote mirroring and FlashCopy of the IBM System Storage SAN Volume Controller (SVC), Storwize V7000, Storwize V5000, and FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution, and licenses all the capabilities of Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager.
SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center V5.2.5
has following capabilities that help provide for:
- Automated optimization of the cross-platform, virtual storage environment with storage pool balancing and storage tier analysis, and virtual volume transformation.
- A web-based user interface that helps provide improved device management, custom tags, and agent-less (unmanaged) server management.
- Performance troubleshooting enhancements with a performance monitor and health view, threshold violation views with charts, and simplified views of performance information for all resources.
- Replication management of SAN Volume Controller Change Volumes, the lower bandwidth, remote mirroring.
- Performance improvements for remote mirroring.
- Volume provisioning with ease of use in the web-based user interface and influencing of the Storage Management API for cloud (SMAC).
- Volume performance reports by server, unmanaged server, and hypervisor, and performance data exports to multi-tab Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Extension of Tivoli Storage Productivity Center benefits into the VMware vCenter through the web client extension.
- Enhanced VMware support as a vSphere API for Storage Awareness (VASA) provider.
- Extension of block-storage provisioning capabilities to the SmartCloud Storage Access web portal, which is available separately.
- Optional separate licensing available for the integrated IBM real-time compression capability that enables use of compression for production data.
- Optional separate licensing is available for the SmartCloud Storage Access program product that provides a self-service portal to SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center provisioning functions.
Planned availability date
- March 13, 2015. Electronic software delivery
- April 10, 2015. Media and documentation