Kids Science Projects & Experiments
Science Fair Projects
by Science Made Simple
Science Projects & Experiments
Easy home and school science projects for kids.
Plus, science articles and ideas, topics & instructions for great experiments you can do using stuff you already have around the house.
- What is static electricity? – Electrical charge – Eliminate static shocks
- Autumn leaves – Why do leaves change color in the fall? – Separate leaf colors with chromatography
- Why is the sky blue? -Why is the sunset red?
MIT used parts of this article in their online classes!
School has started and Fall is just around the corner. Learn more about why leaves change color and where you can go for the best autumn leaf viewing.
School Science Fair Projects
Time for your school science fair project? Don’t Panic! Just follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create your winning entry!
Pick Your Topic
The first step is choosing the right science fair project idea, based on your interests and abilities.
Design & Perform Experiment
After you decide on a topic, the next steps are planning and performing your experiment.
- The scientific method – What is it and why is it important?
- Design a valid science experiment.
- Tips for performing your project.
- Collecting data safely and accurately – laboratory and experimental safety, lab notebooks and keeping accurate research records.
Analyze & Present Results
Finally, you must reach conclusion about your experiment and prepare a presentation of the results.