7th Grade Math Help
Get Interactive Learning CDs/DVDs Now
ScoreMore with Edurite ! Complete coverage of Interactive Learning DVDs – all Boards including CBSE, ICSE and state boards
Sign Up for FREE Animations
A Grade 7 Math syllabus is descriptive and informative for students. All basic topics and their sub-topics including algebra, geometry, mensuration and their sub-topics are added in this syllabus. Grade 7 Math is a foundation for higher-level studies. Tutorvista offers online learning assistance to cover syllabus in an organized manner. We also provide useful learning sessions for each Math topic, these sessions are well-organized, cost-effective and meets student’s learning requirements successfully. Students can work with proficient subject experts and they can share as well as solve all learning problems to improve their knowledge and prepare well before exams.
7th Grade Math Topics
Number and Operations
- Understanding of rational numbers with respect to square roots of perfect square, proportional reasoning, percents involving discounts, tax and rates.
- Identify, compare and order decimals, fractions and integers.
- Scientific notation, radicals, absolute value, irrational or real numbers.
Geometry and Measurement
- Properties of angles (adjacent angle, vertical, straight or angle formed by intersection of two non – parallel lines).
- Hypothesis, sketch, identify, sort, classify, construct, measure, and apply a variety of geometric shapes and figures and problems.
- Analyze and identify shapes that have been rotated, reflected, translated and describe those that are congruent.
- Understanding of the area of circles or the area or perimeter of figures (quadrilaterals, triangles, or parts of circles), and the surface area of rectangular prisms, or volume of rectangular prisms, triangular prisms, or cylinders.
Functions and Algebra
- Extend, analyze and justify the explanations for patterns and their rules and a more complex level using words and symbols.
- Solving problems involving the relationship between slope and rate of change or describes how change in the value of one variable relates to change in the value of a second variable.
- Be able to write algebraic expressions and write statements to understand simple formulas and simplify algebraic equations with the four operations.
Data, Statistics, and Probability
- Analyze the data to formulate or justify conclusions, to make predictions (circle graphs, linear relationship).
- Simple or composite experiments, independent events, dependent events.
- Representations of data.
- Mean, median, mode, and range.
- Predicts and determines event in which the sample space may or may not contain equally likely outcomes.